Aamaar Aalohi – Rural Home Stay Scheme the Assam is very beautiful and nature connected state which is located in North East direction of Indian bounded by Bangladesh, Bhutan and West Bengal states. Assam is popular for this natural beauty and wildlife and people often choose this place as a holiday destination in summer. Even people of Assam are also very good at receiving. So taking this in view Assam Government has launched a new scheme called Aamaar Aalohi – Rural Home Stay. This article will speak all about Aamaar Aalohi – Rural Home Stay scheme. Let’s begin!!!
About Aamaar Aalohi – Rural Home Stay Scheme
The state government of Assam will launch a new scheme Aamaar Aalohi –Rural Home Stay Soon. The main aim of Aamaar Aalohi –Rural Home Stay Scheme is to attract tourist aspects in semi-urban and rural areas of the Assam state. This scheme will provide a lot of job opportunities for employment and potential earnings on their investments. All the interested candidates will be provided free training, guides required for running a homestay business.
Under the Aamaar Aalohi –Rural Home Stay Scheme, the government will work on building home stays in various districts that will provide calm and stable stay to all domestic and international tourists. It provides a standardized and supplementary accommodation in and around the tourist areas of Assam. Enable an experience of staying with Assamese families to local customs, traditions and relish an authentic local cuisine.
Benefits of Aamaar Aalohi – Rural Home Stay Scheme
- Attract tourists to the rural areas in the Assam.
- A tourist gets to taste local cuisine along with Assamese hospitality, traditions, and culture
- Empowers rural economy through rural tourism
- Clean and safe home stays for the tourists at affordable rates
- Government is ready to bear 80:20 spending ratio at present (for FY 2017-18).
- The scheme will cost around 16.29 Crore for the first phase.
- Professional advice and training in the hospitality management
- Free publicity and marketing
- 80% of the financial assistance to set up new home stays.
- 12 districts are currently identified where 200 homestays will be created in coming financial year.
- It will create job opportunities across rural areas in Assam and will also promote Assam Tourism at the same time.
Implementation of the Aamaar Aalohi – Rural Home Stay Scheme
Assam Tourism Development Corporation will implement the scheme which cost around 16.29 crores.
- In the First phase, the scheme will be from 2017 – 2018 where 40 homestays will be set up in Golaghat district at the middle of the Kaziranga National Park.
- The consequent phases will cover following districts – 25 in Barpeta, 20 each in Morigaon, Haflong – Umrangsu, Majuli
- 15 in Sonitpur and 10 each in Sivasagar, Jorhat, Hajo Sualkuchi, Darrang, Dibrugarh, and Tinsukia.
The scheme will help with making the state of Assam more appealing to potential tourists. This scheme is also to make easier for people highlight their properties to others and add new, more affordable spots for accommodations. The scheme will grow in size over time as it is reviewed at the start.
This is all about the Aamaar Aalohi –Rural Home Stay Scheme. Hope the scheme will helpful for you. Please share your suggestions and experience with us.