About Teerth Darshan Yojana:
Teerth Darshan Yojana Haryana The Everyone has a wish to visit the pilgrimage place once in their lifetime. But some people not fulfilled their desires just because of some difficulties like financial problems etc. To overcome this problem Haryana state CM Manohar Lal Khattar has announced the new scheme Teerth Darshan Yojana for senior citizens.
This scheme provides the tour of holy places for senior citizens who belong to below poverty line and non-BPL families. Under this scheme non-BPL families pay the 30% Government would bare and remain 70% of the cost would pay by the beneficiary
Every year under scheme maximum 250 senior citizens will take to the specific destinations by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC).
How the Indian Railway Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) useful for this scheme?
Haryana State Government has sent the pilgrims under the package of IRCTC to religious places. The tour packages in this scheme include journey in sleeper class by train also the train accommodation on multi sharing basis
Who will implement this Teerth Darshan Yojana in Haryana?
This Teerth Darshan Yojana implemented by the Haryana Tourism Corporation Limited in the state. Under this scheme, senior citizens can visit the religious places tour with free of cost
Places Covered Under this Teerth Darshan Yojana Haryana:
Here is the places list that pilgrims visited under Teerth Darshan Yojana Shri Badrinath, Haridwar, Sammed Shikhar, Amaranth, Vaishno Devi, Shirdi, Tirupati, Ajmer Sharif, Dwarkadheesh, Kashi (Varanasi), Gaya, Shri Jagannath Puri, Swaran Mandir Amritsar, Rameshwaram, Sharvanbelgola, Kedarnath, and Velan Church (Tamil Nadu)
- Candidate should be the permanent resident of Haryana state
- Any person who has over 60 years of age they are eligible to apply this scheme
- A person must not have taxable income and not be taxpayer
- For the non below the poverty, line candidates should have to pay 30% and then 70% will bear by the State Government under this scheme
- Religion will not be considered in the choice of the person
- If the wife belongs to BPL family then covered by the State Government expenses
What are the necessary documents?
- Applicant passport size photos
- Age proof certificate
- Aadhar card
- Below poverty line card
The registration process for the Teerth Darshan Yojana Haryana:
- Applicant visits the Tehsil office, deputy commissioner office or collector office and collects the application form
- Then fill the form with required information and attach all the necessary documents
- Submit the form at concerned Haryana state Government office
- Candidates should be selected on basis of lucky draw and the selection pilgrims will be made by District committee headed by deputy commissioner
Government norms under Teerth Darshan scheme:
- Pilgrims are not allowed to carry jewelry or other valuable items along with them
- Selected candidates are not allowed to take anyone along with their own cost
- Administrations hold the right to cancel any selection under this scheme
- Don’t allow to have any inflammable item or alcoholic drinks anywhere in the tour
Department of Tourism,
Haryana State Government,
Sector 17 – B,
Also Read: Apply For Haryana Vidhur Pension Yojana HVPY Scheme