About Atal Amrit Abhiyan Health Insurance Scheme
The Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has launched a new scheme Atal Amrit Abhiyan – Health Insurance Scheme. The main objective of Atal Amrit Abhiyan – Health Insurance Scheme is to provide a relaxation from a medical check-up. The relaxation is for 5 major diseases such as kidney dialysis, neurological conditions, cancer, burns and Neo-natal and Cardiovascular diseases. People who are suffering from this diseases able to get treatment at all government and CGHS impaneled hospitals up to Rs. 2 lakhs
The Atal Amrit Abhiyan – Health Insurance Scheme was launched on 26th December 2016 on the special day of 92nd birthday of the former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and the scheme offers cover against the 437 illnesses in six diseases for both the Below Poverty Line (BPL) and Above Poverty Line (APL) families with an annual income of below INR. 5 lakhs are eligible for the scheme.
Eligibility of Atal Amrit Abhiyan – Health Insurance Scheme
- Candidates must be resident (domicile) of the Assam state.
- The scheme is applicable to BPL and ABL families who family income is less than Rs. 5 Lakhs per annum.
Benefits of Atal Amrit Abhiyan – Health Insurance Scheme
- The scheme will roll out from 1st April 2017.
- A Health or Smart Card will be given at the cost of Rs 100/-. So, that assurance is cashless at the point of delivery supporting PM’s cashless move.
- A separate society under Department of Health and Family Welfare will be set up for administering this scheme.
- The scheme provides 437 illnesses are divided into six categories which are kidney, cardiovascular, cancer, burns, neonatal and neurological conditions.
- Assam has claimed to have taken the biggest healthcare initiative like this as compared to any other state in the country.
Enrolment and Issuance of card :
- Every eligible applicant will receive a laminated Atal Amrit Abhiyan card with unique family identification number
- In case of applicant above 18 years of age an individual card will be issued and for the children below 18 years will be added on to the card of the head of the family or authorized guardians
- Fee for BPL families with an annual income of less than Rs. 1.2 lacs
- For the families whose annual income is between Rs. 1.2lacs to Rs. 5 lacs, Rs. 100/- per year will be charged for every individual.
How To Apply for Atal Amrit Abhiyan – Health Insurance Scheme
- Visit the website http://www.nrhmassam.in/docs/atalamrit/Atal_Amrit_Abhiyan_Application_Format.pdf of Atal Amrit Abhiyan – Health Insurance Scheme
- Download the Application Form
- Take a print of the Application Form
- Fill all the required details such as name, age, gender, mobile number, address and much more
- Attach the photograph of the patient along with supportive documents as mentioned below
- Submit the Application Form along with the documents to the joint director of health service of your district.
Documents required for Atal Amrit Abhiyan – Health Insurance Scheme
- The original copy of the Bills attested by the treating hospital (Only impaneled hospital under Assam Arogya Nidhi)
- Attested copy of the Discharge certificate or Referral Certificate and Prescription from the hospital
- Attested copy of the Voter Identity or Voter ID of Parent
- The certificate of Annual Income issued by Circle Officer (Attested copy of the certificate to be enclosed along with the application)
This is all about the Atal Amrit Abhiyan – Health Insurance Scheme. I hope the scheme will helpful for you. Please share your suggestions and experience with us.