About Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY)
Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana The Government of India, Ministry of Labour and Employment was introduced by the new scheme is known as Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) in the year 2008. The main aim of this scheme is providing national health insurance coverage for a Below Poverty Level (BPL) family.
Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) scheme provides the health insurance coverage to workers belonging to unorganized categories as construction and building workers are registered under welfare boards, licensed porters (railway), street vendors, beedi workers, MNREGA workers, domestic workers, mine workers, sanitation workers, rickshaw and auto drivers.
Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) is a smart card based on cashless and paperless social health insurance scheme. The smart card does not only prove the identity of the beneficiary but also helps them to available cashless facilities at the hospitals.
Eligibility for Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) Scheme
- The eligible family needs to come enrollment and the identity of the household head needs to be confirmed by the authorized official. The information regarding the family along with the fingerprint and photograph.
- Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) scheme will be a responsibility of the implementing agencies to verify the eligibility of the unorganized sector workers and his or her family members.
Features of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY)
- The beneficiaries are enrolled under RSBY scheme can receive up to Rs. 30,000 per year towards hospitalization charges for maximum 5 members of the family.
- The smart card enables hospitalization facilities without having to pay in cash
- With each beneficiary, family will provide the biometric smart card, all the information regarding the family along with the fingerprint and photograph is digitally stored on the central server can easily access and management.
- The beneficiary can choose any hospital registration in the network across India. The smart card can be used anywhere in India, this is the big boon for BPL families who are travel from place to place in search of better opportunities.
Financial Pattern of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY)
- Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) scheme offers covered up to Rs. 30,000/- on the floater basis for the family consisting of 5 members. The health insurance scheme also provides to cover the transportation expenses of Rs. 100 per hospitalization will pay to the beneficiary to the maximum of Rs. 1000/- per year for each family
- A government of India was contributed by 75% of the estimated annual premium of Rs.750 and maximum of Rs.565 per family per annum. The cost of smart card will provide by the central government.
- The state government was contributed by 25% of the annual premium and any additional premium
- The beneficiaries need to pay Rs. 30 per annum as registration or renewal fee.
- The administration and another related cost of administering scheme will have by the respective state governments.
This is all about the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) scheme. I hope the scheme will definitely helpful to you. Please share your suggestions and experience with us.