About Rajiv Awas Yojana (RAY) Scheme
Rajiv Awas Yojana (RAY) is the scheme launched by the Ministry for housing and urban poverty alleviation. The main aim of the scheme is to create the slum-free Indian. This scheme can be implemented in form of phases. The scheme is implemented nearly 250 cities and towns
The first phase of this project that will undertake over 2 years and the budget of Rs 5000 crores. And the Rajiv Awas Yojana (RAY) will focus on property right to slum dwellers and urban poor by states and Union territories
Which facilities are provided under Rajiv Awas Yojana?
Rajiv Awas Yojana would provide the amenities like Internal and approach roads, water supply, street lighting, drainage, Sewerage and social infrastructure facilities in slum areas with low-income settlements. And this Rajiv Awas Yojana sponsored by central Government of India
What is the main aim of the Rajiv Awas Yojana scheme?
The main aim of the RAY scheme is to provide the slum-free India within 5 years that focus on according property rights to slum dwellers
Who can eligible for this scheme?
- This scheme is applicable to all cities and the selection of beneficiaries of the scheme will make by the state in consultation with the center
- The UAs (Urban Agglomerations) covered by the preparatory phase of RAY automatically included in the implementation phase of RAY
Main objectives of Rajiv Awas Yojana:
- The basic civic infrastructure, provisioning, improving and social amenities in intervened slums
- To support and facilitate the environment for expanding institutional credit linkages of urban poor
- Rental and transit housing will admissible under the scheme
- Operation and maintenance of assets created
- To facilitate the supportive environment expanding institutional credit linkages of urban poor
- The central Government will bear 60% of costs for slums redevelopment. The central Government can use the states and cities towards the funding ability gap
About SFCPoA (Slum free city plan of action):
This SFCPoA is city level action plan with investment requirements projected for development of existing slums and planning of houses. This SFCPoA has 2 parts and part 1 includes slum improvement/redevelopment of slums and part 2 is the prevention of future slums estimating the development of affordable housing for poor people.
Central Government has approved the implementation phase for a period of 2013 to 2022.
Which place takes Affordable housing in partnership scheme in RAY?
Under RAY (Rajiv Awas Yojana) has the part of the Affordable housing in partnership (AHP) scheme to increase affordable housing stock. This is the part of a preventive strategy
Under this, the central Government will support to provide the rate Rs 75000 per economically weaker sections (EWS), Dwelling Units (Dus), Low-income Group (LIG). The size is nearly 21 to 40 SQM. This AHP scheme has 21 projects from 3 states.
And the central Government also approved the scheme of affordable housing in partnership. Under this AHP component of the scheme, the RAY will extend the financial support to states for the creation of affordable housing stocking public and private partnership
The Rajiv Awas Yojana is applicable to urbanized villages inside planning areas of city, dwellers and urban homeless. People who want to get beneficiary of the scheme can contact the ministry
People for any queries related to this scheme can dial the helpline number 1800 180 6763