About Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana PMFBY Scheme
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana is the Central Government scheme that launched by the Indian Government. It is the new insurance scheme for crops. This PMFBY will replace the 2 schemes like Modified NAIS and National Agricultural Insurance Scheme
This Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana provides the information about annual commercial/horticultural crops, oilseeds crops, Cereals, Millets, and pulses etc. This scheme was launched on 13th January 2016
How Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana helpful to farmers?
Farmers get insurance coverage also the financial help in event of failure of mentioned crops and natural calamities etc under this PMFBY.
The income of the farmers can continue the farming also adopt the innovative and modern agricultural practices.
Who can eligible for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana?
The applicant must be the farmer and Indian resident. And under this scheme crop must be decided as per land and climate to reduce the damage and risk of the crop. If the farmer having the crop loan amount then the central government becomes eligible without verification.
What are the premium subsidy rates on Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana?
The rate of insurance charges are payable by farmers as follows like
- There is 2% sum assured for the Kharif crop, 1.5% premiums rate for the Rabi crop and 5% part of premium sum assured annual commercial and horticultural crops
- And the remaining part of the premium has paid equally by central and State Governments respectively.
List of required documents for PMFBY:
- Sowing declaration
- Identity proof of farmers like aadhar card, pan card, ration card, voter id etc
- Land-related documents
- Application form
- Bank account details
Registration process under Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana:
- Visit the official website http://agri-insurance.gov.in/
- Click on ‘CCE Agri’ option as ‘CCE login’
- Now you will redirect to the login page.
- If you are the new user then click on the “Registration” option.
- Fill all the required details properly and click on the register button
- You will get the password in your mobile number and email id
- Now you will receive the username and password and then click on login button.
- After successful login fills the application form with respective details
- Upload all the documents and click on save button
- Now you will receive the application number
Which types of risks are covered under PMFBY?
The Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana covers some risks like Yield losses, Post Harvest losses, localized calamities, etc ad this scheme proposes the mandatory use of remote sensing, drones, smartphones for quick estimation of crop loss.
Who are back of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana?
The ministry of Agriculture and Farmers welfare have controlled by the implementation of insurance. Some private insurance companies and ministry designated presently participate in Government sponsored agriculture schemes.
The selection of the implementation process can be made by the state government/UT and concerned insurance company.
About Management and monitoring of scheme:
The SLCCCI (State level Co-ordination committee on crop insurance) of state will responsible for monitoring programme of the scheme. The NLMC (National level Monitoring committee under the DAC & FW (department of agriculture cooperation and farmers welfare)
The district level monitoring committee see the implementation and monitoring of ongoing crop insurance scheme. Based on the crop insurance scheme management will responsible for the scheme.